- Please refrain from participation if you are experiencing any symptoms associated with Covid-19, if you are not feeling well, or are in any way concerned about contracting Covid-19.
- Make all attempts to maintain 6 feet separation while waiting for the race to start.
- No registration race morning (this is because of trying to track results with a large starting line window precludes last minute entries into the timing program).
- Masks will not be provided. You will need to bring your own if you plan to use one.
- This course is chip timed; therefore, as long as you cross the mats between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m., your time will be used to determine age group winners. NOTE: stay clear of timing mats prior to actually starting the race (if the mat picks up your chip signature, your recorded overall time could be significantly longer than actual).
- You must also cross the timing mats when you finish the 5K for the time to be recorded by the timing software. This software captures your overall time.
- There will be no mass start! Participants should stagger themselves to small pods of people when crossing the start line.
- Once you are actually running/walking the 5K, follow normal race protocol.
- Chip timing is not foolproof (for example see #5 above). It is recommended that you self-time your race as a backup.
- Minimize time spent at finish line and maintain social distancing; feel free to go home after the race.
- Awards will be mailed and results will be posted at runjeffcity.org.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at starting/finish area.
- Snacks and water will be available. To minimize excessive handling, they will be out on tables for grab and go.
I certify that I am fully capable of participating in this activity. Therefore, I assume and accept full responsibility for myself, including all minor children in my care, custody, and control, for bodily injury, death or loss of personal property and expenses as a result of those inherent risks and dangers identified herein and those inherent risks and dangers not specifically identified, and as a result of my negligence in participating in this activity.
I assume all risks including: the effects of the weather; high heat and/or humidity; falls, physical contact with other participants, volunteers, race personnel, contract service providers, employees, and spectators including the potential of contracting a communicable disease. I further agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for the prevention of the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases. I assume all such risks being known, appreciated, and accepted by me.